At the end of a long day, take-out is always a great option for dinner. But what about when you’re camping? With a little bit of prep from home, this easy-to-cook stir fry will give you a taste of Chinese take-out in the great outdoors!
- 2 cups of your favourite meat, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How To Make It
It may look like a lot of work, but it all can be prepared ahead of time at home. Have four freezer bags on hand and use one for the meat, one for the veggies, one for the cooked rice and one for the sauce. Keep them all in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- Heat a saucepan with a bit of cooking oil and add the meat.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add the veggies and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the mixture is equally heated.
- Add the sauce and cook until sauce has thickened.
- Heat the rice separately and serve it under the stir fry, or simply add the rice to the sauce pan if you don’t have a microwave.