Here's an easy, do-it-yourself activity for your campsite. The supplies are the best part!
Camping is all about experiencing nature. Here is an inexpensive and fun way to entertain the kids and bring nature to their fingertips.
“What's in the bag?” is a fun way to experience nature indoors and out! It’s very inexpensive to make, which is one of the reasons this is a perfect game for camping.
- A non-transparent bag
- Lots of objects from your campsite
- Gather some objects from around your campsite: sticks, pinecones, leaves, rocks, etc.
- Place a couple of objects in each bag.
- Have your child reach into the bag but don’t let them peek inside.
- After they have had a moment to feel and explore the object, let them guess what it is before taking it out of the bag.
You can even create a reward system. For example, whoever gets the most correct guesses gets the first hot dog at dinner. Get creative and have fun!