RV DEALERSHIPS ALLOCATE $670,000 TO SUPPORT BC FIRE RELIEF EFFORTSPosted on March 20, 2019
by Amanda Henschell | Feb 19, 2019
RV DEALERSHIPS ALLOCATE $670,000 TO SUPPORT BC FIRE RELIEF EFFORTS
January 16, 2019
CANADA – Canada’s largest RV dealer group announces the allocation of funds raised from a fundraising campaign launched for BC fire relief in 2017.
The RV dealerships within the Adventurer Group – Fraserway RV (AB, BC, NS, ON and YT), Country RV (BC) and Travelhome RV (BC) – committed their fundraising efforts to help rebuild the affected communities. With the original goal set to raise $500,000 in just five weeks, they ultimately raised a total of $670,000.
The company has since allocated funds as follows:
- $275,000 towards the Fire Hall replacement in Loon Lake
- $200,000 to Food Banks BC’s hardest hit communities such as 100 Mile House, Quesnel, Prince George, Kelowna, Ashcroft/Cache Creek and Kamloops
- $20,000 to match funds raised to replace a Fire Truck in Cache Creek
- $50,000 donated to Samaritan’s Purse for 2017 BC Fire Relief
- $25,000 towards Canadian Red Cross for 2017 BC Fire Relief
- $10,000 for Clearwater Secondary Breakfast Program
- $10,000 to the Barriere Secondary Breakfast Program
- $80,000 yet to be designated. If you have a tangible project, directly related to the 2017 Fires, please contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
“I want to thank everyone involved from customers, employees and supporters who made this possible,” says James Epp, President of the Adventurer Group. “I am humbled by the overwhelming support and how our goal was surpassed. We also acknowledge that the losses are still a tragic reality and understand that there is still work to be done to fully rebuild these communities and services.”
The Adventurer Group raised these funds by:
- Donating $1,500 from every RV sold in B.C.
- Donating 10% of retail parts sold
- Donating 10% of retail rental bookings from our B.C. rental locations
- Donating $750 from every RV sold at any of our seven dealerships outside of B.C.
- Offering a $1,000 credit on an Adventurer Group Cash Card for evacuated or displaced residents purchasing an RV
- Matching donations dollar-for-dollar by 800+ employees within the Adventurer Group
“We are happy to be a small part of the rebuilding initiative and without the tireless work of organizations that we support the end result of our collective efforts would simply not be possible. We thank the various organizations along with their employees, volunteers and supporters for providing essential and community services while ensuring that these funds will be efficiently and effectively managed,” said campaign spokesperson Amanda Henschell, for the Adventurer Group.
The Adventurer Group operates business units across Canada and continues to maintain their commitment that their customers’ vacation dreams are realized since 1969. Collectively, the Adventurer Group offers expertise in RV sales, parts, service and rentals.
Country RV | 1-888-456-1808 | www.countryrv.net
Fraserway RV | 1-877-747-7947 | www.fraserway.com
Travelhome RV | 1-800-663-7848 | www.travelhome.com
Media Contact: Amanda Henschell, Marketing Manager
604-850-1976 | email@example.com