RV Propane Safety
As part of a regular maintenance program, it is very important that you have your propane system on your RV tested. Propane is very safe when used properly, but when not used properly it can be very dangerous.
Some definite don't's
- Do not use the stove burners or oven for heating the inside of the RV.
- Do not use portable camping equipment in your RV, such as propane lanterns, barbeques, or stoves.
- Recognize the smell of propane (smells like rotten eggs or boiling cabbage).
- Use a propane detector.
- Use a carbon monoxide detector.
- Have your propane system tested annually for leaks.
- Make sure your propane tanks are up to date.
- If you think you smell propane, have everyone evacuate the unit and shut the propane tanks off. Have the system checked by a qualified technician.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the proper operation of your propane system and all your propane appliances.